I’m quite severely lacking in inspiration and motivation at the moment… In fact, all I want to do is sleep! I’m at work, so this is a problem.
I just feel generally quite fed up and drained. At the moment, The Boy is away looking for a job for him and a flat for us up in Nottingham. The prospect is at once scary and exciting – exciting because I can’t wait for us to live together and move to a new town, but scary because neither of us have work up there yet and because I hate packing and moving and all that hassle.
I keep trying to remind myself that in two months’ time it’ll all be done and behind us, but thinking about how much a rental van costs and trying to get a decently paid job that doesn’t make me start looking for pointy items to jab into my own eyes makes optimism something of a challenge! (Especially after last week’s job interview scamming debacle!)
I think I need a plan of action – that will solve the meh mood…
- Tonight – job applications x2; check the university websites for vacancies.
- Today – email The Boy with flats I’ve found (and have checked with the agents are still available – I’m such a busybody!).
- Work on Halloween costume.
- Tomorrow – telephone employment agencies I emailed last week.
- Sunday/Monday – The Boy returns.
- Next week – hand in my notice at work. (Eek!)
- Next week – resume writing A Thief & A Gentlewoman.
Or something like that…
Also, I think looking at pretty 18th Century clothes and paintings will cheer me up… Maybe I can do that in between job applications tonight.