So, you know what I said about being too bleh to sew? Well, I just put my markings on the toile for my Halloween costume bodice and tacked it together. I tried it on, expecting it to be a little tight with the 1.5cm seam allowance on the bust and perhaps a little loose on the waist and too long. It’s actually pretty much perfect!
I traced the pattern onto greaseproof paper, following the guides for size 12, but using the height for a size 6 (the smallest) and it’s worked out alright.
Considering this is my first attempt at following a commercial pattern and my second attempt at following any pattern (the shift being the first), I am really pleased! Sorry – no pictures as it’s pretty see-through at the moment!
Now I need to trace the rest of the pattern and cut the fabric – eek!