The fabulous Clara of 18th Century Baby today shared her list of planned projects. Strangely enough, I had spent the day at work thinking about how I felt the need for a list of what I’m planning to do and in what order, so I got around to sorting that out.
Lists are great – they make me happy. Sad, but true! I used to suffer from anxiety quite badly and organising what needs doing into a list helps me to get it out of my head and onto the page. I heart lists.
And so, here is my list of projects, from the in-progress to the far-off dreams…
1. Shift. In progress.
2. Halloween 2009 costume – Zombie Antoinette. Pattern and fabric purchased and ready to go. Consists of:
i. Dress – need to make toile and then the real thing.
ii. Fan – need to get materials (estimated cost = £1)
iii. Shoe bows – ready to make.
iv. Hair pouff – needs working out and making.
v. Make-up – needs buying and experimenting to make the cut and sewing on the throat.
3. Butterick stays. Pattern, boning and half the fabric purchased. Need to buy lining and fashion fabric.
4. A pretty folding fan (or two, or three…). (As a break from sewing)
5. Embroidered pockets. Need to design a pretty pattern (perhaps based on my tattoo?)
6. Kimono. Pattern and fabric purchased (some years ago!) and ready to go.
The next year or so…
Waterproof hooded jacket (thick wool?) – for modern wear.
Riding habit (polonaise-able? With military-esque frog fastenings?) – for modern wear.
Blue Kyoto jacket – probably for modern wear.
A mini-tricorne (or two, or three…)
Red stripe jacket – probably for modern wear.
Chemise a la Reine – possibly for modern wear.
Ruffled mantelet (a la Madame Berg)
Stays with faux front lacing. (Like these ones I posted the other day:
Embroidered engageantes – (a la Fuchsia’s 18th Century Dress)
Blue stripe polonaise
Madame de Pompadour
Stripe zone gown (a la Ducreaux)
Awesome jacket/bodice (with removable sleeves?) inspired by this, but dependent upon finding gorgeous fabric:
Alas, my fan-purchasing was foiled today by a few factors, but hopefully should be sorted tomorrow… I want to save the sketch for then, too, so I can post it all together!