I have just finished making the cuff! Huzzah!
Sorry the photos are a bit blurred – I didn’t realise until I put them on my computer.
The buttonholes look pretty neat, considering their my first non-practice ones, though I did have a bit of a nightmare with the dupion fraying almost as soon as I cut it! (Despite backstitching around the buttonhole.) I then overcast the fraying edges, and the buttonhole stitch hid all the disaster, with the only sign being that the buttonholes are rather wide. Luckily, their fine with the actual buttons.
First sewing lesson learned from experience: From now on, I will use machine buttonholes on fabrics that fray easily.
I have to say, I’m pretty proud of myself for doing this all by hand – I’ve been putting off sewing and dressmaking because of a lack of access to a sewing machine, but it was actually quite enjoyable to sew by hand. (Having said that, I will use a machine in the future as well as sewing by hand – it’s just it wasn’t as bad as I’d expected!)